Thursday 3 September 2009

A True Olympian Legend supports Banjo`s!

Tanni from Redcar writes:

"Hi Mark

Not a problem !!

Tanni"

Amazingly that simple reply was a response from the Sixteen times Olympian Medal winner (Eleven of which were Gold, GOLD),Dame Tanni Grey Thompson, but as she`d rather you call her Tanni. She has in the past helped me with advice for running distances with regards the 5 - 10K distances, but I thought if ever there was a person who was an inspiration, then Tanni`s the one. I sent her a bowl load of questions about how to get publicity for the GNS, and bless her heart she replied to every one, with brilliant advice, of which I`m acting upon. The above quote is direct from her message, after I asked her whether I could use her name as publicity for what I`m hoping to achieve in this mental adventure. Tell me now, isn`t she the coolest Dame you`ve ever heard of.

Incidentally for our foreign visitors, Tanni achieved the third position in the BBC Sports Personality Awards 2000, behind Denise Lewis, and Steve Redgrave.



By the way, Call her Dame.

How chuffed am I.

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment