Tuesday 15 September 2009

Girl ghost?



As I was leaving to Give My Mother-in-Law a lift home, I felt a ghostly presence. Twisting I heard a spectral tone "Join us, join us" it seemed to whisper through the September breeze drifting along my creaking Victorian home. "join us, forever, it floats, it floats". I felt the skin tighten around my lips, as I glanced up the stairs.

The Girl stood, pale yet incandescent. She looked at me with eyes which tore through my being, into the well of my soul, returning only to take the shallow breath I was inhaling, exhaling,inhaling,exhaling. Opening her mouth, she smiled.
"Daddy, I`ve just had a poo!"

Truthfully is that not the scariest photograph you`ve ever seen?

2 comments:

  1. Heyyyy...just figured out how to leave comments on here!! Hence why I have been very quiet since my initiation to the great north strum!
    I love the pic, it's a familiar scene and clearly is spooky, can't say scary, cause I'm sure little gracie is truly beautiful! I get spooked all the time when my kids get up and just look at you, Niamh had a spell of sleep walking, which was very strange particularly the things she used to say and do!
    I'm looking forward to the weekend, having a wobbly every now and again, as I've had a taste of my own mortality following the injury, I had a few weeks where I had thought I was invincible so it has brought me back down to earth.
    The pics of your finger look really bad Joe, my son reckons you should use a pick...he plays guitar and has offered you one of his a cut there can be so painful!
    Anyway I'll get off now...talk soon goodnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I have had client`s turning up saying "so it`s this week eh?" with the best intentions in the world, and my god, i`m a bit nervous. But we`re going to have a ball. I am now realising how lucky I am to have someone with me at the start. We`ll look after each other, until you leg it!

    ReplyDelete