Sunday 6 September 2009

The Recycle Thieves©

Benjamin in Utah, sent me an e-mail asking if there were any other original recordings of stuff done by Carl and Me, so here`s a couple of songs written by The Nephrons.



This is "The Recycle thieves" Written years back when Brit Pop was king. The chords have changed several times over the years, but the words have always been the same, as they still seem so apt.




This is Jamboree, an early Nephrons song. I`ve played it in regular tuning on a guitar that sounds like it was regularly tuned for Tiny Tim, hence the rather strained vocal. I never said I was a singer, but hell, just have a go is what i say. Done properly it has a great riff running through it, and very sexy drumming, keep`em peeled for the proper version.

And this is a rare recording of the Nephrons live playing The Recycle Thieves, originally taped on cassette, then onto WAV, converted to MP3, and posted. which accounts for the quality of the recording!



Me Guitar
Carl Dalton Bass guitar
Mark Dent Drums

Carl actually mentioned that he did not have a clue about any of the words . So here are the lyrics.


Go on and break up, it wouldn`t be a loss.
You`re all just match flames, in a universe of dross.
And I don`t think I`ll remember your names in six months time,
be happy with the fact you probably won`t remember mine.

You`re just independent, second hand, music by numbers bands.

You`re heard in nightclubs and a million students rooms.
they sit and wonder how you write such complicated tunes.
Eyes closed, mouth`s wide open, as they sit upon the floor.
Just like theirs parents did, twenty, thirty years before.

You`re just independent, second hand, music by numbers bands.

The talented one isn`t good looking,
the talented one isn`t good looking.
Put him at the back, that`s enough from him.
The talented one isn`t good looking.

You`re heard in nightclubs and a million students rooms.
they sit and wonder how you write such complicated tunes.
But I don`t think they`ll remember you`re names in six months time,
be happy with the fact they`ll probably never hear of mine.

And there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Great music! Thanks for posting! I enjoyed all 3, but I found myself tapping my foot involuntarily to "The Recycle Thieves". I'd buy all three songs if they were on album... wicked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was enjoying the tunes so much this morning that I didn't even read the words until way later! Those lyrics are pretty cool too! The 1st and 3rd song sound so different... So I look foolish when I commented earlier day, but to clear up what I meant... I enjoyed the 3rd song better, it just had that hard edge.

    ReplyDelete