Sunday 20 September 2009

First Great North Strum: DONE!!!!






Evening Strumpet`s,

There`s a very proud, and very tired Lad typing this tonight. But I completed the Great North run, whilst playing the Windsor Whirle pretty much throughout! I completed in a time of three hours and twenty, which I`m really happy about, as there were a few obstacles along the way, not least of which was lugging and playing this bloody stick on a drum around with me for thirteen miles.


The memory of 54`000 people undertaking it, and playing to so many people wil never leave me. I`m so tired tonight, so this will be a short one, but there are several people who I have to thank.


Everyone who has donated!


Andy Dalton: For coming up with the name of The Great North strum, and for his support, both through his blog, and through his chats. Thanks NBB.

Ian Golden, John and Kathleen Greenslade, Tree Hannaway, and Rachel Lynas: All of who have supported me on facebook, and in person.

All the chaps at "Strikes a Chord", in particular Chris Knotts, and Pete Rushton: support and advice throughout.

Michael Platts: For his incredibly generous offer, and for introducing me to Louise.

Sarah McNeill: For raising so much money for GNS.

Tito, Toby, and Michael from the Stephen Fry Blog: For the diversion of discussion, and support.

Benjamin Norman: For the T-Shirt Design, and continual encouragement. I know it`s tough at the moment mate, but things will get better!

Jonathon, Jane, and Daniel Kitson: for allowing us into their beautiful home, and looking after the three of us so wonderfully.

And finally,

Louise, Grace and Harry. Look at my amazing family in the header of this blog. I`ve not been around as much as I should these last few weeks, what with training, and writing this Blog, but not once have they made me feel guilty or crappy about it (well not much)! I love my family, and i know that my family love me, the same way as I loved my Mother, and I know she loved me.

Three squeezes in Heaven Mam,we only bloody did it!! And see and now I`m crying!

Keep smiling,

Mark. Completer of the Great North run 2009!

3 comments:

  1. eeehhhhh!!! I'm so pleased for you, you look fighting fit in the picture!!! I'm so sorry I missed you :-( The crowds and the damn traffic made it difficult to catch you...also having two littleuns with me! I was so gutted not to be part of it, but what the heck, you've raised so much money, my stupid ankle is almost insigificant!

    I will come and see you in the princess Alice one time if your still there?

    You and your family must be so proud and there's no doubt your mam will be a million times as proud...Good for you it's an amazing achievement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..and roll on the next strum...I'll be there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats mate, you must be flaming knackered

    Danny (Pete's Son)

    ReplyDelete