Saturday 19 September 2009

The last post




Evening Strumpets.

As you can see, Grace is modelling the exclusive Great North Strum T-shirt,(as designed by Benjamin Norman, massive thanks mate).

Well this is it. The last post before the big day. I`ve had me haircut, i`m about to fill in the relevant health paperwork, and I`ve put as much training as family and professional commitments would allow.

I`ve been thinking back over what has been an amazing month. Incredibly this Blog was only created on the 10th August. ( I have a neighbour called Karl, who has a really interesting take on time. he feels there is a rational argument that time speeds up the older you get. He states that a year to his Grandson is a quarter of his life, whereas a year to him is a 68th of his life)

Since then i`ve made new chums all over the world. There`s been nearly 1500 page views, I`ve walked three half marathons (with me banjo on me back), Nearly lost the tip of me finger (it`s fine now), been in the local press, had people coming up to me wishing me the best of luck who I`ve never met before, Walked in Boro with a banjo out of it`s case on me back in broad daylight (the only time I`ve ever been a little scared walking around if truth be told), and been witness to acts of generosity that would make the most cynical misanthropist take stock of what they believe.

I`ve also (along with Sarah), raised over one thousand Pounds (one thousand, three hundred and ten dollars at current exchange rate) for Butterwick Hospice.

Strumpets, Thank you. Thank you, thank you thank you, THANK YOU! It`s not just the money, it`s the support, and encouragement. You have made it really nice to be me.

The next time I post, hopefully I will have completed the first stage of The Great North Strum. I wonder what`s next for me and this old banjo?

Mother and Father in law and Harry will be at home for those thinking the house may be empty, you naughty burgling people you!

Keep smiling and learn something new.

Mark.

1 comment: