Tuesday 11 August 2009

Forty days and counting.......

Took the Windsor Whirle into work this morning (I have pretty cool bosses), and managed to show it to, and play it for the fella whom gave it to me. He was genuinely impressed, and seemed actually touched when I told him of this mental idea that I`m working on. He just said, "I`m so glad it`s going to a good home", and that it is my friends. I`ve actually been neglecting me Godman five string over the past week, and as I get up in The Princess Alice Pub in Boro on a Wednesday night, I thought I `d better have a bit of a play when I got in. Feels really weird and long after playing the Windsor (I wonder if Wallis Simpson ever thought that). Anyhow, I`ll be there tomorrow night if anyone fancies a trip. It`s an open Mic, so if anyone fancies coming along and getting up, it`s a really nice atmosphere, with no pressure. Then On Thursday, I might go for a walk with the Windsor on me back (in a case of course, I can only imagine the reaction I would get walking down Cargo Fleet Lane playing the Banjo, so if you see me, give me a toot. Till the next one, keep smiling,
Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment