Sunday 23 August 2009

The Ashes, a hangover, and some Duelling Banjos.

Afternoon strumpets,

I am dying on my backside. We had a couple of friends over for food and drinks (Mrs Strum made a fantastic 3 Course banquet),which resulted in them leaving at two thirty this morning. Trust me, after you hit thirty, hangovers are a living hell. I did that awful thing this morning where I woke and thought "Woohoo i`ve got away with it, no hangover", but I was wrong, I was just still drunk. Which meant that i had to be conscious for that awful half hour where I stopped being drunk, and began feeling hungover. With Harry playing with his Yo Gabber Gabber toy, in my face.




Luckily The Ashes are on, and Daddy could slope off to the kitchen with a big Glugg of Diet Coke to watch the (hopefully) collapse of the Australian second innings. How did we exist without Sky Multi-room? Or Plus?
When hungover I, for some bizarre reason really enjoy playing instruments. Can`t explain why, probably for distraction reasons. So here`s a clip of me attempting duelling banjos and amazing grace. I am fully aware that I appear to be auditioning for the part of Bilbo Baggins for the upcoming Hobbit Movie.



Right I`m off for a 10K walk, try and blow away the cobwebs, and listen to the Ashes on me Phone thingy.

Till the next one, keep smiling and learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment