Wednesday 19 August 2009

33 Days to go, the darkening nights, and Dylan the tramp.

Afternoon Strumpets,

Last night i went out for what i was hoping to be a pleasantly brisk ten-twelve mile brisk walk. I set off at six thirty in the evening, and it was a beautiful evening. I set me radio on me phone (we are officially in the future folks, there`s blade runner type I-phones, and the President of America is "of colour", these in all
sci-fi films which I have seen, means it`s the future) to Radio 4 (yeah I know, but i like to listen to talking whilst walking as opposed to AC/DC when running), and set off with a spring in my step and a song in my heart.

All was going well until seven miles in, and I realised i was walking in the dark, and it was cold, and it was night. It was also ten past eight at night, and September is two weeks away. I had to cut short my walk, and head on home. WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE? I mean did I blink and miss it? Two sunny days in June doesn`t make a summer in my books.

On another topic, Bob Dylan was arrested for walking around a City in America, because the police officers arresting him didn`t recognise him and thought he was an old Tramp. Brilliant. Northern Banjo Boy (seriously now read his blog http://northernbanjoboy.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html)recently saw him in concert and noted that his voice is shot to bits. But he has written some great songs. Here`s me murdering a couple of his early songs.



And here is a truly great American Storyteller song. If you get a chance listen to the original, one of the best darned songs written, in my humble opinion.




Till the next one, keep smiling.

2 comments:

  1. oh dear Mark your turning into me Ma! talking bout the lack of summer, nights drawing in, SOON BE CHRISTMAS! Keep smiling chuck. (are you scared of the dark?)

    ReplyDelete