Monday 24 August 2009

Evening gazette and doubts, doubts, doubts.

Evening strumpets.

I did an interview for the local newspaper today (The Evening Gazette), and a really nice lad came round and took some pictures of me with my gorgeous family and the banjo, and a couple of weirder shots of me holding me banjos like a couple of machine guns, and playing one like a fiddle! That was fun, whilst the kids and Louise danced behind the photographer pullnig funny faces and singin "Daddy looks daft".

Here`s the thing.

I`m starting to wonder if I can pull this off.

I did a seven mile walk yesterday, and man alive to complete twice as far as that, with a banjo, well It`s a big ask. I have to remain focused and remember why I`m doing it. If any of you good people have been affected by losing a loved one to the terrible bastard that is cancer, or experienced a loved one receiving treatment for cancer, or God forbid, had a scare yourself, you`ll know what I`m thinking when putting the hours in. I need to be strong. Can I do this? There really is only one way to find out. Please feel free to send any comments either to me on markdavies23@hotmail.co.uk, or in the comments section of the blog. It may sound daft, but knowing there are people looking out for me is the biggest boost I can receive (well that and a brand new set of knees, and the loss of four stone, and a natural athleticism) Until the next one, this is why I`m doing this.







Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment