Monday 17 August 2009

Keep on Strumming

Mark Dent writes:

"If you can do 13 miles with a banjo, dodgy knees and, lets face it, a hardly sparkling athletic history (No offence!!) you deserve it! I don’t think I could do a half marathon in the car at the moment I feel that unfit!


Some suggestions for the “Over the finishing line tune”: -



Keep On Running – Spencer Davis Group (or is that Davies!?)

Runaway – Dion / Slade

Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden

Da Doo Run Run (I ran it on a Sunday and my heart stood still…..!!)

Puppet on a (Banjo) String – Sandie Shaw

Born to Run – Bruce

Movin’ – Supergrass

Don’t Stop til you Get Enough – Jacksons

Whats that coming over the hill (is it a monster?) – don’t know who sang this!!

(Sponsorship) Money Money Money - Abba

25 Miles – Edwin Starr (or was it Junior Walker and the Allstars?) – I know its not 25 miles but if you think it is then when you get to 13 and a bit it will be a nice surprise to see the chequered flag!!

Dance little blister – Terence Trent D’Arby

Blisters (are doing it for themselves) – Eurythmics



All good songs, all learnable on the banjo, all good for finishing a half marathon with!! (I’d still rather have a half snickers)"




Thanks Mark, anyone think of any others?

No comments:

Post a Comment