Wednesday 12 August 2009

Sing like you mean it.

I`ve had a couple of comments passed onto me concerning the quality of my singing. So here`s how I see it. As a singer, I`m a half decent banjo player. (Cymbal crash Bdumtisch Aaaythenkyew).

But that`s not what playing music is really about to me. Trust me there is nothing stranger than watching a banjo player playing the chords to a song (and the more contemporary songs RRREEAAALLLYYYY apply here) whilst looking at his left hand, occasionally looking to the camera. Go on Youtube (God bless you, all my banjo playing brother and sisters for putting your stuff out there),and view the millions of people looking like they`ve broken into someones house, tied them up and placed them just out of the shot, waiting to kill them after they`ve played "Duelling Banjo`s".

I enjoy singing these songs, and I hope that comes across, as that`s the point. So unfortunately there may be times when the singing is more Bianca Jackson than Michael Jackson, I promise I`ll always be trying me best.

3 comments:

  1. I've got to say I'm shit singer, but it makes it much more fun if you sing along, and just thrashing yer banjo as fast as you can - ooh er is a pretty souless and repetative exercise... enjoy yer self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn`t agree more, incidentally,have you seen the egg banjo thread on the Strikes a chord forum, it`s class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By which of course I mean I agree with your comments about singing, not that you`re a shit singer. Myself and Jackal have had conversations about your singing, and feel it is a very distinct, Frank Black Vs Leonard Cohen Hybrid. not at all unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete