Saturday 3 September 2011

Rat pack on The Road.

Afternoon Strumpets,

The past couple of weeks have been devoted to working out arrangements of Rat Pack classics for guitar and banjo following a request from a friend to play some at her "39th plus 1" birthday party last night. As little as a fortnight ago, I honestly didn`t think I was going to be able to manage it. These are big songs, and those chaps voices had a range as wide as Stretch Armstrong doing a bungee jump from the Grand Canyon. Then I got a slight throat infection. Then I tried on my tuxedo. Time somehow made it shrink. I can`t figure out how, but it`s happening a lot with my clothes lately. maybe we should change our washing powder (ahem, walks away sheepishly).

However as is (touch wood) the norm with these things, something clicked with the arrangements, the throat held out, and thanks to a little smoke and mirrors the Tux was salvagable. And what a night! 250 people in the most glamourous attire all out to have a good night. And Debi,(party lady) put on quite the evening. I went down pretty well, actually I`m stopping being modest, I went down really well. I`ll be posting the renditions of the Rat Pack stuff at a later date, though not from the night as I forgot to take me Bloggie!

Last Thursday The Charmers met up and had a really productive evening. Now summer holidays are finished with, I think we`re going to really push with getting our stuff "out there".

Here`s a first group attempt at a song I posted a month or so back.



Till the next one learn something new.

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment