Friday 9 September 2011

The Good Long Friday.

Morning Strumpets,

So I`m tootling along nicely on my weekly jaunt to "the" ASDA, and accompanying me in a little Caraoke (thanks to a CD long ago compiled) are the Pixies, Frank Black, and The Breeders. All of a sudden Francis Monkman`s theme from "The Long Good Friday" blasts out. Tourettes Like just as it`s starting I shout " ERE, Howld ap, wayers Victoriaaaaah?" just as She`s seen in the other car getting driven away.

For the next two minutes, Bob`s in the back exploring the possibilities before resignedly accepting his fate. James Bond (who is now sat next to me in the passenger seat looking back at Bob with an air of arrogance yet deadly obedience) is going to shoot him. It`s at this point I have to get out the car and do the weekly shopping.

Welcome to my world.

Ironically, and this did make me laugh out loud whilst in "the" ASDA, in the third aisle, blocked in by an old woman reading at point blank range the contents of a Pot Noodle, her trolley left at a right angle. I could hear Louis Armstrong singing "With all the time in the world" through the tannoy.

Who said shopping couldn`t be entertaining.



Till the next one, learn something new.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Wot a Fillum -wot an Actor-anything good at the ASDA?

    ReplyDelete