Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fly Me to the Moon and Sun!

Afternoon Strumpets,

Tomorrow night sees the first gig played by the Alice Charmers in their current line up of Andy, Carl, Mark and myself. We`re playing a set at Doc Browns in Boro, a place where i have played solo, with Carl, and with Carl and Andy. If you can, see if you can get there. It should be a reet belter.

Mr Jason Roper has asked me to post a couple of the Rat Pack songs onto the blog, so here`s my rendition of "Fly me to the Moon". More to follow over the next week Mr Roper!



I also played my first gig at The Sun Inn in Stockton. It was a really nice set up with a couple of bands (Product of Mexico, and Dinnernanny who all seem to be called Paul, hence the dedications before each song, and gave out free cake) who were really nice chaps. Unfortunately during me set a rather loud group of young chaps came in a bit worse for wear, and proceeded to shout amongst themselves and then get kicked out, so i`ve only included the first couple of songs I did, as the rest is just obscured. My particular facourite piece is where I stop for the people to join in on "All you need is Love" and for the first time that night the place is silent!



Practice tonight with the Charmers, and then tomorrow the real thing HURRAH!!

Till the next one learn something new,

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment