Tuesday 31 May 2011

Kids Row.

Evening Strumpets,

This morning whilst I was in the bathroom, the kids were playing hide and seek. It was Hal`s turn to hide, and I heard him come scampering along the landing to hide in the adjacent room. He didn`t know I was in the bathroom, and whilst he was in there I could hear him laughing to himself with the excitement of the game.

It`s these moments that I think I`ll truly remember as being a Parent. The obvious moments such as first words, first steps etc. will always remain, but it`s the unexpected things which I truly cherish.

Things like Harry sat on my lap absentmindedly scratching his head. Grace sat in her princess tent "playing" her Uke and singing along, not knowing I was stood watching her. The pair of them tucking into pizza and popcorn whilst we watch our "Saturday night film".

It`s at times like this I think, what does the future hold for them? What can I do to assist in their happiness and learning? I know I`m not the first parent to have these thoughts. The truth is, it`s a crap shoot. Better parents than we have had the most awful experiences as also worse parents have had their dreams come true.

All I know is that so far, so good. They are the two loveliest creatures which ever strolled the planet. It is true that they make me want to laugh and then want to shout in frustration. On one hand wish to hug them then equally wish to break their little legs. And all this is made worthwhile by the hope that one day, they`ll see their kids singing to themselves whilst playing arts and crafts and have the exact same thoughts.



Here`s another vid from last weeks practice. A new song to this website from The Alice Charmers. Andy wrote the music and had the chorus worked out words wise, i just threw some more words at the rest of it and looked at what stuck.



And here`s an audio of a song which I wrote in just over ten minutes. sometimes that`s what happens. Remarkably i wrote the words first and the chords and tune turned up a bit later. It`s a first recording and definitely not a finished piece, but I like it.

Listen!

Till the next one learn something new,

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment