Sunday 27 March 2011

Paper Scissors Stone, and a meaty guitar performance from Carl.

Evening Strumpets.

The Charmers met up yesterday morning at chez Davies to practice for the upcoming Doc Browns Gig. I hope I`m not tempting fate, but we`re sounding pretty tight. Carl regaled us with a lovely little story about a type of entertainment which has been given the name "Paper Scissors Stone" in the recent profannisaurus (chaps from overseas, just google that word, be warned though, it`s not for the easily offended!)

Carl had also bitten the nail on his right index finger down to the flesh, and was in agony for most of the morning. Immediately following the Foggy Mountain Breakdown vid posted, he showed me the end of his finger, which had almost been sheared away by his playing, but then to my horror I realised he had been playing on my NEW FENDER!!!!!! I am not exaggerating when I tell you, there was bits of meat on the strings. Carl was immediately sent off to clean the instrument, which he did chuntering something about "Oh well as long as the guitars alright, never mind me finger" Don`t worry about Carl, he`s a big boy, who should know better.

If anyones interested I have both the paper scissors stone story, and my reaction to Carls digit splicing incident on tape. If I get enough requests, I may post them on the Great North Strums sister blog "The Nephrons"!

Here`s the nicer clips.





Hope you like them, till the next one, learn something new.

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment