Friday 25 March 2011

Introducing.....

Evening Strumpets,

So I`ve been out and bought a new guitar and banjo. You all know I was laid off from work, and I felt like I deserved a treat. I didn`t go mad, I bought a reasonably priced Fender something or other semi accoustic, and a Kay late sixties/early seventies KB54.

If that`s a sudden intake of breath, then yes I know, i`ve read and heard about the dreaded KB54 as well. More than likely made in Eastern Germany, not a lot of people have nice things to say about them. However, as soon as I saw it in the shop, I was smitten. It looks ugly as hell, but it plays as sweet as a mars bar dipped in treacle. I like it, I actually really like it. here`s a couple of vids with the new merchandise on show. I`ll get some lovely pictures up next week.

The first one hopefully makes Shady Grove a little more understandable to any budding new musicians out there. I now realise that I am singing the chorus entirely wrong, but I`ll post it done properly next week.



I love that song.

Next up, here`s a song written last year, which still makes me laugh. man alive that`s a good pause of the Davies lad on the YT Clip.



if only eh?

Till the next one, learn something new.

Mark.

1 comment:

  1. Great playing young sir, and the instruments do indeed sound good
    Pete

    ReplyDelete