Monday 26 April 2010

Scottish complications.

Afternoon Strumpets,

I`m currently in a room in Edinburgh, at a swanky (I said swanky) Hotel awaiting a night in the Scottish Capital before attending a NHS Conference tomorrow. Oh yes, it`s like "Hart to Hart" in my head.

Except,

I arrived at Darlington train Station with a good ten minutes to spare, only to be told that the long term parking was no longer in the Station, but around the back, down the road, right at the roundabout, left at the Service station, you get the idea. I put me foot down to get there (legally of course, ahem), and arrived at the Platform with a good two minutes to spare!.

The train was fifteen minutes late.

One of my work colleagues had acquired a ticket from another colleague who was unable to make it. Unfortunately the ticket was from Newcastle (The home of the original person) and this meant my colleague had to pay for a ticket from Darlington to Edinburgh. Why she couldn`t just buy a ticket from Darlington, was explained to her in best British Railese, which I still cannot understand.

We got here and booked into the Hotel, except the rooms had not been paid for by our Company. So I got a bill for two rooms (another colleague did not have a credit card on him). Upon arriving in my room, the socket for the television was coming away from the wall, so I complained. Moved to another room, this is where I`m typing this from.

We`re off out for a walk, and a drink and some food. Till we get back, here`s a couple of original songs. One previously posted as Messy Tune, but with lyrics, and the other just some words over a chord sequence I wrote when i was fifteen, which make no sense, but have given me a melody to go over the chords, which i have not been able to sort out previously.





Till the next one,

Learn something new,

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment