Friday 9 April 2010

Mandale Madness!

Morning Strumpets,

Apologies for lack of blog`s lately, but I`ve been nursing my poorly sweetheart (Tonsilitis). Last Sunday (Easter Sunday) I played a half hour set at the Mandale Park Pub in Thornaby, Middlesbrough. I was asked by Alex if I could fill a half hour slot between half two and three. If you don`t know this, Bank Holiday weekends in England are an excuse for one and all to drink the Pubs dry, so half Two seemed like a good time.

Then I got a message, could I go on before the Headliners at half Six. Gulp, but hey ho, if you`re going to play banjo classics such as S club 7, it doesn`t really matter what time you get up. I`d heard the Pub was a bit rough, but when I got there it looked rougher than a Badgers Arse. The Teesside Hip Hop Act Leddie and Smoggy were on as we walked in, so you get an idea about the eclectic nature of the day.

I got up and played a couple of songs on guitar, before getting out the banjo on a stick. Then a funny thing happened. People stopped singing karaoke next door, and came through to watch. The Bosses (Two huge hardcases) came through and started pointing. I thought My time was up! I finished with Duelling Banjo`s (Pet Shop Boys and Steps had already stormed the place), and got off the stage. People were really nice and said how much they had enjoyed the set, then the boss man 1 called me over.

He wants me to play a Friday Night, in The lounge.

A great night!

Here`s a couple of vids





Hope you like.

Till the next one learn something new,

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment