Thursday 28 January 2010

Petal Dove.

Evening Strumpets,

I have had a productive couple of days. I`d snapped a banjo string (easy, easy on the old double entendres), and needed to restring the Windsor Whirle. I`ve been restringing guitars for many years, but Man Alive, I was nervous about doing the Windsor. After a few "Schoolboy errors", I did a pretty good job. To keep it tuned, I needed to be playing it regularly for the first 24 hours, so I took it to work with me, and every available opportunity went back to the car and had a bit of a play.

This was fine, until it got dark. Picture the scene, you`re walking towards your car, and you see a lad in another car, his right arm going ten to the dozen! Makes the name "Great North strum" take on a whole new meaning, dontcha think? Even so, whilst playing I came up with this tune, which Grace filmed and set up, this evening. It`s called "Petal Dove" because that`s what Mam used to call me. and Grace and Harry. Her little "Petal Doves of the Chiffoniums". No, I have no idea either. She was brilliant like that!

Hope you enjoy!



Till the next one, learn something new,

Mark.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark

    I'm liking the tune, especially the tempo changes!

    ReplyDelete