Sunday 17 January 2010

The Great North Strum 2! Grueling Banjos!

Afternoon Strumpets,

FANFARE!!!!!!!!

I`ve come up with the idea for the Great north Strum 2. Last year as you are all aware i completed the Great north Run whilst simultaneously playing banjo throughout. The task I`ve set myself this year is this offer: 2 BANJO HALF MARATHONS FOR THE PRICE OF 1!!! That`s right, I`m not only (hopefully) going to be completing The Great North Run (again), but also the Redcar Half Marathon on June
13th. That`s right, I`ll be walking around Dormanstown, in broad daylight playing this drum on a stick! May God have mercy on my soul.

Don`t worry, I won`t be looking for two lots of donations (all monies collected going to Butterwick Hospice), just the one, which hopefully I can collect having completed the Thirtieth anniversary Great North Run in September,

I was genuinely touched by the amount of support and generosity of donations last year, so hopefully we can repeat that again this year. I`ve just done my first proper walk of the year (5K) and i was blowing out of the old proverbial by the time I`d finished, but hey, it`s a start!

So here to launch this nonsense all over again, is a version of the most requested song whilst completing the GNR last year. "Hoo Mistah, play battlin` banjo`s on yewer Geeetor"!



God have mercy on my soul,

Mark.

7 comments:

  1. Given time you could get the hang of that.
    Bloody good luck with the runs mate.
    Heres to Butterwick gaining a few bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically enough I`ve had the runs for the last week! Nee picnic, as they say around here. Thanks for you`re support Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark
    You need to find a way to add paypal to this blog so people can donate to the butterwick if they want to. Just a thought.

    Jennifer and Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mark!

    i work w/ a nonprofit and we do online donation stuff. paypal is one way, there's also things specifically for nonprofits like "donate now" and "network for good"

    maybe you could contact butterwick and ask if they already have some kind of online donation system, you could link straight to theirs.

    hit me up here or on fryforum if you need to know more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I`m on it! Thanks chaps.

    Michael, i`ll try and chat on the FryForum, but it`s doing crazy stuff to my computer. me email is markdavies23@hotmail.co.uk if you could send me a message so i can get your`s too that would be great. still listening to the CD by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is the link you would need to create a paypal donate button:

    https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=_leuKu46VEqrLoYnkPCX6hItRixCFLhkW_Pcbkkl_Uic72_iRRBOIvCcFLC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1ffc45dc241d84e953c6c47237de2bc4f5b43fafc6513a8a86

    It ain't pretty, I know but hopefully it will work! good luck.

    ReplyDelete