Friday 9 October 2009

Some randomness, and a touch of genius.

Evening strumpets,

the sponsorship money is coming in nicely, but if there`s anyone who has pledged, but not sent yet, could they please do so. In the meantime, here`s a few things that have always puzzled me.

If toothless is without teeth, and pitiless is with out pity, why is ruthless without Ruth? the only Ruth I know is a lovely person.

Why do you never see baby pigeons, or dead birds. Sure you may see the odd one, but not as many as there are in the sky. One day i`m going to turn around a corner in a foreign land, and there`ll be dead birds for as far as the eye can see, and I`ll think "Ah, so that`s where they go"!

Why is the letter C pronounced two different ways in the word circle (actually that`s a new one, Grace asked me the other day).

How long will it be before people realise that Robbie Williams and his daft cod American singing voice (which never fooled the Americans, I imagine it was similar to us watching Dick Van Dyke singing Chim chimernee), is in actual fact Norman Wisdom.

Why can you pinch your elbow as hard as you can, and it doesn`t hurt?

Why isn`t Bruce Forsyth a Knight of the Realm?

Why does every zip that`s ever been on any item of clothing I own have YKK written on it? (see now you`re looking which could make for awkwardness).

Whilst you`re pondering these, have a look at this act of genius, pointed out to me By Tito on the Stephen Fry Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Mark
    I don't know the answers to any of your questions,but I do know the differance between a Porsche and a Porcupine.



    A Porcupine has the pricks on the outside!

    ReplyDelete