Thursday 1 October 2009

My big lad Hal, and does anyone reckon I could manage a Marathon?



Evening Strumpets,

Apologies for not having posted anything of real significance for a while, but i`ve had a bit of a break from all things banjo! And now I`m back, and thinking, could I complete the London Marathon whilst playing the banjo?

I`m about to begin training next week, and I think it`s a distinct possibility. I think I`ve actually missed walking around Middlesbrough with this bloody banjo on me back, if I`m being truthful. And if you`d said to me six months ago I would have completed the GNR whilst playing a banjo, I`d have said you`ve as much chance as seeing a one legged cat burying it`s turd on a frozen pond, but we did it! Any comments?

Harry started his first day at big boy nursery yesterday, and within ten minutes was teaching the classroom assistant how to use the computer. He is a real whizz on the bloody thing, and loves accessing all the games on CBeebies.

I`ve also written a cheeky little blues for the banjo which for reasons I have no idea why I have called Lean to the left. Hope you like it.



Till the next one, keep smiling, and learn something new.

Mark.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that takes #1 for favorite songs that you have done. That has a great sound to it! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The London Marathon Eh
    It's a stroll in the park for a northern nutter,cos all the air rolls down hill and ends up here, so you will only have to breathe in about six times on the journey.
    My company clears up Blackheath after the start and I haven't found a single dead Boro lad clogging up any of the machines I have to repair,just a few drunk ones!
    Mind you that is the start dunno what they sweep up at the finish.
    Go for it mate and lean to the left all the way
    Love Hals grin! bet he's a cheeky little bugger----Tunes not too bad either
    Pete

    ReplyDelete