Friday 25 May 2012

To Heaven and back again

Evening Strumpets, I`ve kind of found a tune, but getting it out into the open can sometimes be a bit tricky. it wouldn`t be the first time I`ve written something which is too difficult for me to play. Great north Strum being a prime example. This is where, if you`re made of the stuff of insanity which is brollied beneath the generic term "creative", you drive your partners/families/friends nuttier than squirrel faeces. Because you will not stop until you find it properly. And you repeat the same fricken thing over and over and over and over till it makes Pye look like a lightweight. I`ve done this too many times and left the instrument only to have completely forgotten what i`d been playing, the day after. So I`ve recorded me doing the aforementioned psychotic tendency to give you an idea what it must be like to be a "non Mark" Davies at these times. They truly are so patient with me. This may lead to something it may not. The words " Take me to Heaven and back again, Take me, I know there`ll be reckoning, Take me to heaven and back again, I know that it`s beckoning. so please come by and..repeat" stuck to it. I actually like it. There might even be an E Flat in there which is the banjo equivalent of a fart in a frogsuit, but what the hey. At least i won`t forget it. Till the next one, learn something new, Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment