Saturday 8 January 2011

The year of the Charmers.

Happy New Year Strumpets,

I met up with the Dalton boys the other night, and it was a pleasure to play again. We rattled off five or six pretty tight tunes, and then had a mess about, which conjured up a couple of new tunes, always a bonus.

Possible highlight of the night is Andy and Pee Bee Guttenbergs song "Little Ditty". Andy`s playing and songwriting have really surged this last year (even if he needs some convincing of this). I`m playing bass, and I`m a little rusty so apologies for the couple of errors, but Andy played his Banjo through a little portable amp, which resulted in him having a good old fashioned dirty "Ry Cooder" sound. I likie likie!



We`re really going to knuckle down this year and get some sort of set out there. That`s the plan anyway.

Till the next one,

Learn something new,

Mark.

1 comment:

  1. I offer a Rebel Yell-YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete