Friday 17 September 2010

Jamboree.

Morning Strumpets,

I`ve had quite a disastrous year so far when it comes to attempting to carry the drum on a stick for half marathons. I had to drop out of the Redcar Half Marathon, due to a still undiagnosed Chest condition, which literally had me dry Coughing till my eye`s looked like Arnies in the Mars scene in Total Recall.



And then this week I`ve damaged a tendon in my left foot which has put me out of the Great North Run. I am absolutely gutted. But I`ll be back, God`s know what with, but I`ll think of something. Maybe my body`s trying to tell me something, I don`t know (possibly stop eating all the pies).

However I am still going to be attending Whitby Pirate day tomorrow, so get yourselves there if you can. Eagle eyed viewers may notice I`m wearing Roland Rat`s Arse around my mouth and chin. Itchy and uncomfortable does not come into it, but I think I`m starting to like it. What do you think, on second thought`s I probably don`t want to know.

Fun and frolics at the bandstand from 10:30 till about 6.

I`m getting up at about 3pm, so if you should see me, give me a wink. Here`s an old song from a band called The Nephrons. They`re great, (of course the fact that along with Carl and Mark I`m in them has no way influenced my choice of description).



Till the next one, learn something new,

Mark.

4 comments:

  1. Shades of Glam Rock-the boogie on the E string reminds me of the much missed Marc Bolan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the acoustic version and the beard - good luck on sat me hearty! aar aar hahar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrrr matey!
    Good tune, it rocks!
    I too have recently become enbeardened. It's my first and I like it, my wife and son do not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks chaps. Weather forecast is for a torrential downpour, so that should be interesting. Wife and kids like the look of the beard, but not the bristles. Whatchyagonnado?

    ReplyDelete