Wednesday 4 September 2013

Never known where.

Evening Strumpets,

Two of the Charmers, Carl and myself had the pleasure of playing at a friends charity do last weekend. Unfortunately we took to the stage as the pie and peas were being dished out and there was not a lot of interest from the punters for our unique style of buffoonery.  As we were playing, proving that a two legged dog is still a dog but not a very good one, especially if it needs a pee, the crowd were paying as much attention to us as a blind deaf Tibetan Monk would to a Madhur Jaffrey TV show. This led to me altering the lyrics to our songs (i.e "We won't stay long" became "hope you choke on your pie and peas" and so forth.)

As Carl remarked "Never has so little been listened to by so many by so few".

I haven't enjoyed playing as much in ages, it was genuine hoot, and the night made over a thousand quid for charidee which was the NSPCC.

Here's a video from our practice round here last week.  It's one of my songs, and it took the longest time to get into a groove, but we're getting there, and this might be a future pub pleaser.




I`ve long been a sinner, of this i`m not proud
Most days pass me by, like i`m in a blur
I`ve drank and I`ve stolen, been up and been down,
i`ve lived but I`ve never known where

The laughs and the fires, I store with me now
As i`m looking back, i feel a slight tear
the fights and the heartaches no longer mean much
I`ve lived but I`ve never known where

My memories cleanse me, like water on skin
My conscience is never in doubt
and if there's a heaven I`ll stand at the gate
and I`ll dare them to try and keep me out

I`ve danced with the sinners and I`ve dined with the priests
I`ve sung with the angels, and laughed with the beasts 
I`ve seen Men lay starving, and I`ve thrown away feasts
I`ve lived but I`ve never known where.

Till the next one, learn something new.

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment