Wednesday 22 June 2011

Forty Towers Before Me.

Morning Strumpets,

The brief joy which was a working computer came to an abrupt halt last week. I think it`s about time I bit the bullet and purchased a new one. As a result this is being written on my lovely lady`s laptop, which I seem to have keyboard dyslexia about. I also find that I`ve been typing happily away for a couple of minutes, only to look up and find that I`m about three paragraphs backwards and in the middle of a previously typed sentence. No idea how that works?

I am forty tomorrow. I`m not complaining (much), as previously posted my life is pretty wonderful at the moment, but it has made me think about all my "firsts" I achieved in my thirties.

So, and in no particular order, here`s the, as yet unfinished, list.

Been in my thirties (duh!)
Graduated from a University course
Become a qualified nurse
Been stung by a wasp
Passed my Driving Test
Became a manager at work
Realised that being a manager at work was not for me
Won Popmaster and three in ten on Radio 2.
Owned a computer
Bought a house
Became a Dad to a beautiful daughter
Became a Dad to a beautiful son
completed a half marathon
learnt to "play" banjo
learnt to "play" Ukulele
got up and played to a group of people in a pub
Been paid to get up and play to a group of people in a pub
Played at a music festival
Woke up in a tent next to a girl

I`ll carry on with this later, after I`ve had a bit more of a think.

Till the next one,

learn something new,

Mark

1 comment:

  1. It's time to stop drinking before you get all maudlin - Happy Birthday, Andy

    ReplyDelete