Sunday 9 May 2010

Rebel MC.

Evening Strumpets,

I`m really sorry about the length between posts, I`ve developed a major case of, in my humble opinion,Influenza el Hombre (or Manflu if you prefer).

I played a really nice gig at the Crown Pub on Friday night, and the mixture of oldtime bluegras, with modern pop, and a little punk went down really well. Added to this was the pressure that it doubled as a works night out, so I was playing in front of most of my work colleagues, but they were lovely and supportive.

The venue, as I believe I`ve mentioned in previous blogs, is an old Cinema, which used to be called the ABC. The backstage area is unbelievable, as it`s the old Cinema Auditorium, which I haven`t been in for the last thirty years. Nothing has changed, and the seat and carpets have a good five inches of dust on them, which is great for the lungs and throat. It really is like if Stephen King had written Spinal Tap, as my Sweetheart pointed out.

Then on Saturday there was an open day for the venue of the forthcoming Deershed Festival, of which I will be MCing the Busking Tent. The area is amazing. It`s in Topcliffe in North Yorkshire, at a place called Baldersby Park. The line up is pretty cool, with Miles Hunt and the Wedding Present Headlining, along with loads of other great bands and performeners. There`s also going to be loads of Family stuff too. Andy From Northern Banjo Boy is amongst the people organising the event, so get yourself along on July 17th. I know they`re looking for volunteers, and if you assist, I think you get a free ticket. There`s worse ways of spending a day.

Here`s the site, The Busk Stop will be just to the right of the obelisk in the picture.



And here`s the kids modelling the Badge.






Check out the website at http://www.deershedfestival.com/

Till the next one, learn something new,

Mark.

1 comment: