Saturday 18 September 2010

Oooarr missus.

Evening Strumpets,

So today was an absolute blast at Whitby, the kids were dressed in pirate Garb, the beard was effective, and may be coming off tomorrow. I can`t begin to explain how pleasurable it was playing there today. i`ve been really lucky to play at some amazing sites this year, Topcliffe, Deer Shed, but this was on a par with anything I`ve done. if you`ve been to whitby, you`ll know what I mean, but the bandstand is situated at the foot of the pier and below the Abbey and West Cliff. There literally was nowhere you could look that wasn`t breathtaking.
Whilst playing "That`s Entertainment I noticed a group of people at the top of West Cliff, so I shouted for them to wave, and blimey o Riley ace of spies, they did. incredible. The kids had their faces painted and wore their pirate costumes with pride, and had messed about throughout dads set, attempting to put me off (just occasionally)

A really lovely day day, and £570 raised for Whitby RNLI, I`ll post more pics as I can, but massive thanks to all the performers, and especially to Angie and John Taylor of North East Live for arranging it all.

Here`s me doing me best Pirate scowl.



Till the next one, learn something new,

Mark.

2 comments:

  1. It was a truly fantastic day and one of the funniest parts was when Lorrie - one of the organisers came running across to me in a state of panic because she thought you used a naughty word .... I had to compose myself before telling her that actually you had said BUCCaneer! We love Whitby Pirate Day and this being the third year was the best one yet. Next year we are looking to make it bigger and better again - hopefully a full weekend so you never know Mark, that beard just might have to make another appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pirate camp - not a good look for a friday night in boro!

    ReplyDelete